About Me

Hey! Thanks for stumbling upon my page. I'm Jeanine, a twenty-something year old Jersey girl. (Thanks Sarah, that was too perfectly put to not use) A little bit about me: I love movies and tv. I absolutely HATE stupid humor. Music affects my life more than people know. One note can bring tears to my eyes or ruin my day. I have been dating the man of my dreams for almost 3 years now. The only thing we agree on is disagreeing. Yet he can make me smile/laugh with one look. And I have a cat named Char (a.k.a Char-babies). She is the best kitty in the whole world!

January 7, 2012

Time to be serious. . .

So I was bored and google-ing on the internet about what happened today (January 7) in history.

This is the first time ive ever google-ed "this day in history" so I was pretty shocked at how many sites and how much information was out there.

Well for those of you who would like to know. Today in:

1789- The FIRST Presidential election for the US. Of course we all know how that turned out!!

1931- There were 5 MILLION Americans unemployed (Today there are only 13,000)
          *Note: I'm going to use this fact and stay positive about unemployment. If it was that bad before and they got through it, then there is hope for our economy now!!!*

1953- Harry Truman announced that we developed the H-Bomb (Hydrogen-Bomb)

1980- The people of India voted Indira Gandhi back into power.

1990- The Leaning Tower of Pisa (Torre Pendente di Pisa) was officially closed. At that time it was leaning 16 ft off center. Today after restoration efforts it only leans 12ft 10in off center.

1999- President Clinton Impeachment Trial started.


These are just a few fun facts!!! Hope you have a wonderful 7th of January!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment